Karie Boyd, CEO • Lead Attorney • CFLS
- U.S. District Court Central
- Southern District of California
California Western School of Law,
San Diego, California
University of California, San Diego
B.A. Major: History
Emphasis: European and World History
Minor: Political Science
University of Santa Monica
Master’s Degree: Spiritual Psychology
Karie Boyd is the lead trial attorney and CEO of Boyd Law. The National Association of Distinguished Counsel recently ranked her in the “Top 1% of Attorneys in the Nation.”
Ms. Boyd delivers case-winning results for her clients in trial as well as positions her clients for attractive out of court settlements. Ms. Boyd represents clients in both State and Federal Court.
Her civil litigation experience includes both jury and bench trials. Having strong litigation and negotiation skills allow Ms. Boyd to handle the integrated areas of business litigation including partnership disputes and unfair business practices as well as representing clients in divorce matters involving businesses.
Karie Boyd is a certified family law specialist and the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys ranked her among the “Top Ten” Divorce Attorneys. Ms. Boyd represents celebrities in divorce, high net-worth marital dissolution, child custody, and support disputes. Ms. Boyd is a published author, and contributor to, Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in California, Thompson Reuters’ 2015 edition.
Ms. Boyd continues to promote the highest standards and innovative thinking in her profession. Her efforts and accomplishments have earned her nominations for Women Making a Difference by the Los Angeles Business Journal, Women in Business by the Orange County Business Journal, and Women Who Mean Business presented by the San Diego Business Journal. She has received top attorney for Corporate Litigation and Family Law nominations in 2012 and 2013 and top Real Estate Litigation attorney nominations in 2011-2013 by the San Diego Daily Transcript. San Diego Magazine nominated Ms. Boyd for Woman of the Year in 2013. Additionally, in both 2009 and 2010, Ms. Boyd was nominated for the Top Young Attorney Award.
Ms. Boyd is a proud member and platinum annual sponsor of the Lawyer’s Club of San Diego. She is involved and contributes to organizations such as MANA de San Diego and Women for Women International as well as other local schools and community organizations. Ms. Boyd is a member of the San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Sacramento County Bar Associations. Additionally, Ms. Boyd has been a member of several prestigious inns of court and also served as the broker/attorney chair for the San Diego County Bar Association.
As a former real estate broker, Ms. Boyd has counseled both attorneys and real estate agents on the contractual pitfalls leading to real estate litigation. She has participated in mediated disputes as well as courtroom trials relating to real estate matters. Ms. Boyd’s broad knowledge and background in law and real estate provide global and comprehensive representation to effectively meet the diverse needs of her clients.
Prior to acquiring Boyd Law, Ms. Boyd was a co-founder and shareholder of Boyd Contreras. Previously, Ms. Boyd owned her own legal practice, the Law Office of Karie J. Boyd. Before obtaining her Juris Doctorate, Ms. Boyd was a legal extern for Callaway Golf, and a law clerk for Mazzarella Caldarelli, LLP.
Honors and Awards
- Selected to 2021 Super Lawyers List
- Ranked 2015 “Top 1% of Attorneys in the Nation” by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Ranked “Top 10” Divorce Attorney by the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys
- Women Making A Difference Nominee, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2014- 2016
- Women in Business Awards Nominee, Orange County Business Journal,
2013 – Present
- Women of Year Award Nominee, San Diego Magazine
2013 – Present
- Women Who Mean Business Award Nominee, San Diego Business Journal
2013 – Present
- Women of Influence Special Feature, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2013
- Nominated for the Top Corporate Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript
2012 – 2013
- Nominated for Top Real Estate Litigation Attorney, San Diego Daily Transcript
2011 – 2013
- Nominated for the Top Young Attorney Award, San Diego Daily Transcript
2009 and 2010, 2009 – 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Southern District of California, Member
- NLWBA, Member
- MAMAS, Board Member
- Lawyers Club, Member and Platinum Annual Sponsor
- Step Up Women’s Network, Member
Press and Media
- Baja Traveler Magazine 2016/2017 Collectors’ Edition
- Baja Traveler Magazine 2014/2015 Collectors’ Edition – feature article Successful Woman of Baja
- San Diego Magazine – Women of the Year Awards special section
- Los Angeles Business Journal – Women Making a Difference special publication
- Orange County Business Journal – Women in Business special publication
- San Diego County Business Journal – Women Who Mean Business special publication
- Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in California, Thompson Reuters’ 2015 edition