Business Torts Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
A business tort occurs when the wrongful conduct of an individual or business causes financial harm to another business. When a competitor breaks the law to obtain an unfair advantage, the harm to you or your business can be severe. Business tort laws provide remedies to individuals and businesses whose business relationships or other economic interests have been harmed by the wrongful conduct of another.
At Boyd Law, we understand the applicable interpretive rules and related standards governing the admissibility of evidence. We also know that when a contract is in dispute, the question of available remedies is key. That knowledge, combined with the attention to detail, thoroughness, and dedication to quality we exhibit in all of our work, has helped us to establish ourselves as one of the premier trial firms in Los Angeles.
Our Los Angeles business law attorneys can pursue tort relief for a variety of wrongful acts such as:
- Breach of fiduciary duty or breach of trust. If you have been wronged by a business partner, joint venturer, trustee, administrator, advisor or other party that owes you a fiduciary duty, we can help
- Fraud and conversion. Our experienced attorneys help clients pursue claims against businesses that have defrauded them and misappropriated their assets
- Breach of contract. Contract disputes can evolve into extraordinarily complex litigation. Our attorneys have the resources and insights to handle these cases. We have the experience actually trying contract claims to juries, which is necessary to prepare these complex cases, make a compelling presentation and win in front of a jury
- Tortious interference. If another business has interfered with your contractual relationship or business relationships, you may have a tortious interference claim.
- Fraud in connection with the purchase or sale of a business
- Civil RICO
- Whistleblower cases. Our attorneys help whistleblowers pursue actions against contractors and other companies that have defrauded the government
- Unfair and deceptive trade practices
- Misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of confidentiality agreements
- Intellectual property and trade secret protection
- Trade name and trademark infringement
Litigation involving these and other business torts can often be complex and challenging to resolve. It is important to hire a law firm that has experience in this area to ensure effective representation. Our lawyers represent clients at all stages of litigation, with particular emphasis on complex litigation. We also recognize that litigation and trials can be expensive and place unwanted burdens on our clients. Therefore, while we regularly try cases, our lawyers are also skilled in appropriate cost-effective dispute resolution such as mediation and arbitration. We seek cost effective and practical resolutions, attempting to minimize lengthy litigation where possible. At the same time, we serve as strong advocates and legal advisers, fully appreciating the increasingly complicated commercial environments clients face.
The civil lawyers at Boyd Law provide comprehensive support regarding business tort claims. The firm’s Los Angeles attorneys can competently help you with the following aspects about your case:
- Pleading requirements
- Issues to look for during discovery
- Use of expert witnesses
If you have been the victim of a business tort, you should discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney. At Boyd Law, we can explain your options for filing a lawsuit and recovering compensation for damages. Contact a Los Angeles attorney at Boyd Law today for more information.
No matter what wrongful acts have been committed, our lawyers will work with you to get the results you are looking for. We will seek to resolve your dispute in the manner that keeps your personal and professional needs in mind. Call our office today at 310-777-0231 for a free consultation.