Los Angeles, CA Asset Protection Attorneys
At Boyd Law, we use estate planning techniques to help our clients meet a number of financial goals. Our Los Angeles asset protection attorneys can also provide sophisticated guidance to clients on how to protect assets from third parties, while also arranging for these assets to pass seamlessly to heirs.
Asset Protection Strategies
There are a number of wealth preservation strategies to preserve your assets and protect the legacy that you have created for your family and charitable causes. Some ways include:
- Family limited partnerships and LLCs to hold property, expensive equipment and other assets so it can be insulated from lawsuits and attachments. The Los Angeles divorce law attorneys at Boyd Law create corporations for doctors and other professionals in Los Angeles and throughout the state of California.
- Business succession planning to prepare for the next generation of ownership of your closely held business
- IRA stretch accounts and trusts to minimize the tax impact of distributions from before-tax savings accounts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts to minimize or eliminate estate taxes.
- Charitable trusts to support the causes that are important to you.
Asset protection continues to be very important and the risk and potential liability that you may face is not going to decline at any time. Assets can be at risk due to a number of vulnerabilities, including:
- Professional malpractice liability
- Personal liability of corporate officers and directors
- Lawsuits by former business partners
- Personal injury suffered on your premises
- Personal injury resulting from a motor vehicle accident
- Liability as guarantor for the debts of another
- Liability arising from misconduct
At Boyd Law our Los Angeles family lawyers work with clients to implement proven, legally-sound strategies that will help preserve their wealth and safeguard their assets. We represent professionals, small business owners, property owners, and other clients throughout Los Angeles with the goal of protecting their assets against potential litigation, judgments and liens.
Asset Protection Service
It is important to start planning early on for the best asset protection. We can help you navigate the legal system to ensure that all of the necessary legal details are handled competently and within the proper time frames. Our asset protection services include:
- Prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements
- Protecting assets during a second marriage
- Protecting assets in a troubled marriage or divorce
- Preserving assets to pass on to future generations
- Asset protection during divorce
- Protection of VA benefits
- Conservatorships and guardianships
- Protecting assets from creditors
- Social security disability
- Litigation scam artists
Contact Los Angeles Asset Protection Lawyer Free Legal Consultation
Asset protection must be proactive, not reactive. The Los Angeles asset protection attorneys at Boyd Law have years of estate planning experience. Our attorneys have a sophisticated knowledge of California law, business planning and wealth preservation strategies that will help put you on solid legal ground. The exact strategies employed by our firm may vary depending on the client, the nature of the assets, the country of origin, and the tax regulations that apply to those assets. The ultimate goal is to protect the status of current assets in a manner that is effective, legal and ethical. Contact our asset protection attorneys today at 310-777-0231 for a free consultation. Our divorce lawyers in Los Angeles will help you with your asset protection strategy in clear terms that relate to your specific circumstances.
DISCLAIMER: Although the attorneys at Boyd Law work side by side with excellent experts such as accountants and tax attorneys, we are not tax attorneys.